Saturday, July 2, 2022

Hi, How's it going

This one started as a letter to my daughters. But I felt bad about talking about their dad so I changed the wording a little.
 
Hi,
How’s it going?
Did you know that when I was a kid
I wanted to be a boy?
When I was your age, 
I had a female friend,
We held hands,
she did more,
I felt uncomfortable so I didn’t.
She was Christian.
I wasn’t.
I moved.
We drifted apart.
She’s the person 
who awakened my sexuality.
And then it went dormant.
until I met a man
and
thought I had found my soulmate,
Someone who thought of me as an equal,
Someone who loved me as much as I loved them,
Someone who would fight for me,
Someone who would trust me,
Someone who could be tender and understanding
even when I shied away.
I realized 
over time
that I hadn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lantern in a Cave writing prompt

I sometimes attend an online writing session, The Narrative Method. I enjoy the photo and question prompts, as well as reading in small grou...