Thursday, July 7, 2022

Don't Cry for Me

 I think I'm still working on this one, but decided to post it anyway.

Don’t cry for me.
Don’t pray for me to change.
I like men.
I like women.
I don’t need sex with another person 
  to make me feel fulfilled.
I like physical interaction,
  I don’t get as much as I’d like.
I like the feeling of someone sleeping beside me.
I like to hug.
I like to spoon.
I like having a feeling in my gut that I only get
  when I see or think of that one person.
But I don’t like being controlled.
I don’t like when having sex makes me feel
  weak, inferior, like I’m doing something against my will.
I’ve felt passion from conversation,
I’ve felt passion from closeness,
I’ve felt passion during sex.
But after a while
The sex began to feel like control,
like ownership.
I don’t want to be with someone
  who thinks they own my body
  or have unlimited  rights to it 
  because of our relationship.
I want closeness.
I want exclusivity.
I want romance.
But i don’t need sex
  to prove there is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lantern in a Cave writing prompt

I sometimes attend an online writing session, The Narrative Method. I enjoy the photo and question prompts, as well as reading in small grou...